Logo

Water in my oil

echinton

"I had an exhaust manifold cra

"I had an exhaust manifold crack on my GM 4.3 Liter Vortec motor. As a result, water can into the left exhaust port of my motor and seeped into the motor. THe oil is all milky colored and doubled the volume of fluid in my motor (as observed by the dip stick). What is the best way to clean out the water? Are there issues I should be worried about regarding the water doubling the amount of oil in my motor? I discovered the milky oil while leak checking my new exhaust manifolds (it was leaking out of some unknown area of the motor and my pressure indicator was bouncing from 20 psi to 70 psi then to 0 psi and then back to 20 psi."

drain it
then flush it with s

drain it
then flush it with seafoam and oil
drain it agian with new filters each time

"When you flush it use cheap o

"When you flush it use cheap oil and filters, run for 15 min. then drain and repeat. I put my quad under water and it took 3 times to get it good. I then put in my regular high quality oil and ran it for a few months then changed it all again. Might seem like overkill but its a small price to pay considering your total investment."

"Oh also keep an eye on your s

"Oh also keep an eye on your seals, if you ran it any length of time with double the amount of oil/water it doesn't take much to damage them."

"Will do, I'm assuming my

"Will do, I'm assuming my head gaskets are blown as there was milky oil all over the right hand side of the motor behind the exhaust manifolds. Thanks for your time."

Back