Logo

1995 30 Wonbt restart

godukies

Please help. I have a 1995 3.

Please help. I have a 1995 3.0 Mercruiser. It always starts up just fine and runs great. We can drive it all over the lake for hours and then all of a sudden it just quits and will not restart. Once I get home (and it has cooled) it will fire up. Any suggestions? It is getting fuel and the coil has been changed. Does this sound like the ignition module? Is there a way I can check it? Or could it be something else? Thanks for any help!

"If this is the digital ingnit

"If this is the digital ingnition system,

When it dies the next time pull all four spark plugs out so you can do a spark check.

Plug one back into one of the wires and touch the ground electrode to ground and have someone crank the engine over. See if you have spark. look closely it may be hard to see with this ignition if it is the one I am thinking of.

If it is this ingition the gap has be that of the plug and no larger. A conventional spark checker tool has a gap that is too latge.

If you have spark then re install the plugs.
If not then you may have an ingition problem.

Next check for fuel in the carb, Have someone activate the throttle and look into carb ((( no key in ignition for this check) and see if you see gas squirt.

If not it is a fuel problem. Check gas vent on side or back of baok for clogged vent. You may be having a vacuum issue not allowing fuel to leave the tank/"

"1995 mercruiser 3.0 L won&#39

"1995 mercruiser 3.0 L won't start. I don't think I am getting spark. I have new plugs and wires and distributor is a year old. It has run fine all year but all of a sudden it won't start at all. I think it is getting gas; I can see it flowing in carb. and the pugs are wet with gas, but no spark. A fuse somewhere? It happened so suddenly."

"<center><table border=1><tr><

"<center><table border=1><tr><td>http://www.marineengine.com/discus/icons/attachment_icon.gif""" align=left alt=""application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document"">tests
[url=""][b]Tests for Thunderbolt Ignition.docx[/b][/url] (10.6 k)</td></tr></table></center>"

Back