Logo

WATER GETTING IN

tim01

I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH WATER GE

I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH WATER GETTING IN AROUND COBRA OUTDRIVE DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS A GASKET ON TRANSOM OR HOW IT IS SEALED UP I AM GETTING IT FROM SOME WHERE.....THANKS FOR THE HELP

"I had a similiar problem, too

"I had a similiar problem, took my boat in to a Marine Service Center. They checked everything they could think of and replaced the bellows. However it still leaked, took it back to the service center, machanic explained to me that transom is made of wood plate covered with fiber glass and if wood gets wet it can start rotting. He losened the outdrive and put caulk alway around then tightened it back up. So far it has worked great getting very little water in. However he told me this was only a temporary fix."

Can you see where water is com

Can you see where water is coming in from inside the boat? Does it leak when engine is not running? There is a seal behind the transom mount.

CAN NOT TELL WHERE IT IS COMIN

CAN NOT TELL WHERE IT IS COMING FROM AND IT LEAKS WITHOUT MOTOR RUNNING CAN'T SEE ANY WATER COMING IN ANYWHERE.

"Hi,
I had a simalar problem,

"Hi,
I had a simalar problem, checked all the usual ie, seal around gimbal housing- bellows - shift cable entry pipe etc and coudnt find it, the boat would fill with water while it was docked.
It turned out to be the gimble housing itself had worn thin behind the water pasage pipe due to electrolisis and a small hole broke through causing a small weep what was very difficult to see.
I ended up changing the whole housing, worth checking.
Gary."

Back