Logo

1994 Mercruiser 74L 454 manual

weekend_warrior

Contributing Member
"Does anyone know which manual

"Does anyone know which manual I need. I have seen the prior threads with links, but somehow, my engine does not fit into any of the description.

Thanks in advance"

"You need SM 16.
It's not

"You need SM 16.
It's not on the list unfortunately.
There was someone on the site that had it, but I can't remember who.

Rod"

"thanks rod. That is preety m

"thanks rod. That is preety much how my life goes, it's always the one i'm looking for that is missing. I think next time, I am going to buy a manual and then find the boat it goes to. May be easier that way.

Thanks again and if anyone knows where that manual is, I would appreciate the link."

Try eBay. I bought factory se

Try eBay. I bought factory service manuals for the engine and OD for $40.

"Funny you should mention that

"Funny you should mention that! I just came back from about an hour on ebay. Looks like they have every manual but #16. Some guy has about 200 manuals from a dealer he bought out, but shockingly, no #16.

Thanks for the idea though."

I belive I have a hard copy of

I belive I have a hard copy of this one.

Is there something you need specific?

"Nothing in general. Just one

"Nothing in general. Just one of those guys who likes to read up on things while on the bowl! I reference the seloc book often, but it doen't seem detailed enough. Thank you though!"

Thanks Ghost. Found a cd on e

Thanks Ghost. Found a cd on ebay for $4. from 1964 to 2006. curious to see what the hell i get for 4 beans. Says its genuine mercruiser. I'll let you now in a few days!!!!

"If you can, it is always wise

"If you can, it is always wise to go directly to Mercruiser and get the factory SERVICE MANUAL and Troubleshooting Guide. (option too is the Parts Manual) Also, when you contact them be sure to let them know what engine specifically you have, provide them with Serial Number and they will provide you the date, time, factory when it was made. Ask specifically about any recalls or Service Addendums that have been published concerning any problems with your model engine. Call directory info for their New Brunswick NJ service Department and they too can give you contacts, if needed, of their performance staff in Michigan. I believe you will be pleased with their free knowledge to share."

"Thanks for the info. New bru

"Thanks for the info. New brunswick is actually about 15 minutes from me. Great to know. Thanks again for the info. My engine, 1994 7.4 454 bravo I was rebuilt before I got it in 2007 and again in the winter of 2008 by my guy. unfortunately, I am finding that the first time was basically a bastardization. The heads and risers are aftermarket! The pistons were not all alike! The serials are the original numbers on the transom, dirve and engine though. It seems every time I reference the parts diagrams, the part is wrong. I usually have to pull the part and bring it with me. It gets really frustrating, but you gotta do what you gotta do I guess!!!

Thank you"

Back