Logo

Break in

dave_rose

"Hello every one. Well I just

"Hello every one. Well I just got my 89 Bayliner back from having the out drive rebuilt, seal went bad and the upper gears melted,bearings gone total lost.The shop rebuilt both the upper & lower.The counter person told me to take it easy with it,treat it like a new boat for the first ten hours of use then change the gear oil.I had it out Saterday and it runs great!Only ran it @ four grand for a few mimutes or so not wanting to hurt it.How should I break my baby in? Any comments? It's an 89 OMC Thank you for any imput.
sun.gif
"

"no special treatment to break

"no special treatment to break in an outdrive, just listen and be ready to shut it down if anything goes haywire, and check in bilge frequently to see if any water coming in. . Good advice to change the oil within the first 10 hours. Then again at the end of the season."

Just stay off the max torque r

Just stay off the max torque rpm if possible until after first oil-change as mentioned above.

"Thank you again for your advi

"Thank you again for your advice. The boat plays a big part of our summer fun. I think this site is a great place to learn and have fun. I watch it often, I don't post much, seems like everyone has things in control of every problem and that is great!I'll keep watching and learning and maybe even post if I see something I might know how to help someone. Thank you everyone...Does anyone know what BOAT stands for? Break Out Another Thousand.........LOL Dave"

Back