Logo

Speedo

sledderdoc

Regular Contributor
"Anyone know where the speedo

"Anyone know where the speedo is on a 2002 Bryant 188, 4.3L, alpha 1. It partially works but I can't find it anywhere on the boat. Thought they were just those flip down things but if it is they hid it well! Is it anywhere on the leg?"

"it's in the dash [img][/i

"it's in the dash
...pickup (pitot) is in the lower unit of the outdrive - there is a quick connector on the front side of the drive- in by the shift linkage-probably damaged or loose"

the plastic fitting on the qui

the plastic fitting on the quick connect sometimes breaks when you remove the drive. The pitot hole also fills up with gunk. clean out with a little wire or drill bit (in your fingers) and blow air through.

"I found the problem, somehow

"I found the problem, somehow the hose was pinched and broken about 4" above the plastic "I'm asumming" sending unit. I repaired it by cutting it and splicing over a small tube I had. It now has a slightly smaller diameter for about 1/2". That shouldn't affect accuracy should it?

Mike I believe the pitot hole is on the back of the outdrive just above the lower fin. I have yet to check mine but will do that tonight.

Norm"

"The reduced diameter will not

"The reduced diameter will not affect operation, since there is no flow in the tubing; only pressure.

You mean the pitot pickup hole is in the FRONT of the drive leg; right? It is about halfway between the lower gearcase bulge and the ventilation plate. Its easy to miss; it almost looks like a nick out of the leading edge.

Rod"

"Right its hard to describe bu

"Right its hard to describe but thats exactly it a little nick. Opposite side of the prop, I called it back but I guess technically its "front". Thanks for the input. Feels like a guy should be winterizing the boat now in Alberta ... brrrr I was hoping to get out one more time yet guess we'll see.

Norm"

Back