Logo

White goop in oil

R

Robert Hnat

"I had left the drain plug in

"I had left the drain plug in the boat, water accumulated around engine and frooze over the winter about half way up the block, again outisde of engine. The Motor is a mercruiser 260 (GM 350). I winterized with 100% antifreeze before winter and this incident(no water mixture). Found white goop in place of oil in spring so naturally feel like I cracked something to allow oil and anti freeze to mix in oil system.

Flushed oil system out numerous times with keorsene and cleaned out oil pan, replaced filter, and oil system is clean now. Motor starts and runs fine, no hesitation, nothing abnormal in the running of the motor, oil pressure is 60 psi at 1000 rpm which is what it was. I did compression check on all 8 cylinders and have 135 - 150 psig.

I don't see any oil film in the water coming out of exhaust, (I placed a pan to catch it and check for film) nor can I see water on the dip stick. I don't see any leakage on the outside of the block.

Any ideas?

Appreciate the help"

"If there's no new water g

"If there's no new water getting into the motor, it may have forced its way in through a seal or gasket when it froze. I would start looking for oil leaks at the front and rear main seals."

have u tried to run it on the

have u tried to run it on the water if so did u have any problems if not suggest running under a load this will tell u if u have a cracked block or not

Back