Logo

New instlation of twin 454 inboards

rs9712

"I reciently installed two new

"I reciently installed two new crate motors 454 inboards. On reciving them I questioned the manufacture about the labeling thinking it to be backwards, that is they might have labled the Left engine as the Right hand rotation and vise versa.
Now that I have the instlation compleated and they won't start I just noticed that BOTH destributers are rotating Counter Clock wise.
The books say they should be going Clock wise.
I now belive both engines to be in the wrong locations. Any help would be appreciated. Hope I have not dammaged the motors?"

"Is it possible that you have

"Is it possible that you have the starters on the wrong engines? If so, be damn careful for you're not getting any oil pressure!

Eyeball the flywheels to see if they are turning the right way. If not, try swapping the starters.

Jeff"

Jeff

No they are in the cor

Jeff

No they are in the correct placements and both engines rotate the correct directions for thier locations. But that is all the starters efforts and has nothing to do with the engines themselfs as you very well know. My problem is according to the manuals the distributers are going CCW and not CW and they wount' fire! Also the cranking rate is very low even with 2 batteries behind each engine. Thus I belive they are in the wrong locations RT to LT?? Your thoughts?

Back