Logo

Sears Water Witch year

B

Bruce McAuley

"It's an old one, likely b

"It's an old one, likely by the Kissel Motor Co, with a model number of OB1 on the flywheel, but also says OB1-3A on the water jacket of the single cylinder. The serial number is L5-6184. Its fuel tank is located behind the flywheel, not like most models I've seen on eBay. The prop is broken and someone told me it's impossible to get new ones. Any ideas about this oddity, and guesses as to the year of manufacture and where to get a prop for it? It does fire and run on spray start so I have high hopes it'll be a runner.
Any ideas?
Thanks!
Bruce"

"I did a little digging and fo

"I did a little digging and found out this is a Johnson, not a Kissel, and looks like it's from the early 30's from some of the others I've seen when I look for vintage Johnsons.
Still looking for the year of manufacture though, if anyone has info I'd be happy to learn it.
Thanks
Bruce"

"Bruce, the model OB1's we

"Bruce, the model OB1's were actually made by Muncie Gear for Sears in 1933/34/35 and 36. I don't have them broken down by serial however, so that's the best I can do.

It will be a single cylinder 2 horse.

You might try enquiring about a prop and other parts at twin city outboards (just search that and you will find their website) - they have lot's of old stuff and if they can't help you, you may be out of luck..."

Back