Logo

Yamaha e115amhx overheating

saj888

"Hi,
I have a Yamaha E115A

"Hi,
I have a Yamaha E115AMHX outboard that good for 5 years. Started to lose power, took it in for repairs, rings were replaced, rebored block, replaced all pistons, pins and bearings. Also water pump. Removed thermostat because it was defective. I was told its is not necessary to have a thermostat in warm waters. After 7 months it started to everheat. The port half was scorched. I resleeved, replaced new pistons, rings bearings and water pump. It ran for 5 months and the same problem occured again. The exact problem occured 4 times and the same parts were replaced.
The mechanic removed the block and pressure washed it. Checked piston clearance bore and set at 4 thou clearance. It ran for approximately 12 hours, and the same problem came up again.
I have 3 other engines that never had any problems.
Could some one please help. I make a living with as a fisherman. i need to have my 2 boats running."

"Whoever told you that you don

"Whoever told you that you don't need a thermostat because your in warm waters doesn't know what they're talking about unless the water is 130 degrees warm !
uhoh.gif
"

"Hi,
Im in the caribbean. T

"Hi,
Im in the caribbean. The mechanic is japanese trained. At least that is claim to fame. I am an electronic technician. And I know the importance of a thermostat. I think I will try a new thermostat.
I also bought a Yamaha service manual online. I should receive it later this week.
Thank for the help."

Back