Logo

I have questions about our Champion outboard motor

katdiff2

We have this old Champion Moto

We have this old Champion Motor and would like to know maybe how old it is and what it might be worth. The serial number is 1J121970. It says Champion Outboard Motoer company Minneappolis Minnesota and has a pic of a guy fishing in a boat on the top. It also says Blue Ribbon Champion on the side. Any help would be great! I have pics if you need them.

"Kathy, if you can find a mode

"Kathy, if you can find a model number that will go alot further in pinning down the year. Most serial lists have been long lost over the years.

Champions were first built in the late 1920's and production continued until about 1957.

At one point Champion was the second largest producer of outboards next to Evinrude.

From your description it sounds like you have what would have been a "Fisherman's Special" which was either a 3.5 or 4.2 horse single cylinder built between 1953 and 1957.

Regardless of whether it is a 1927 model or a 57 model, unless it was still in the orginal packaging, it has very little value. Motors such as these generally sell for about 50 bucks. Alternately, stored to near new condition fetches sometimes upwards of 200 dollars for someone who wants to display one...."

Hi, I have a champion outboard motor with a serial number of A3595. It says Champion Outboard Motor company Minneappolis Minnesota USA. I was hoping that you may be able to tell me what the value of this motor may be.

Back