Logo

Gas engine

gryg1

Regular Contributor
"i have a chrisler 6 cyl motor

"i have a chrisler 6 cyl motor 265 and my question is there are 2 outlets on the exhaust manifold .they are on the top of the manifold.1 inlet on the bottom.the bottom one i thing goes from the heat exchanges to the bottom of the manifold and then get expelled to the leg.i would like to know what the 2 top inlet/outlet holes are for because the other one that was originally on my boat did not have these.i assume it could be for exhaust manifold cooling.any one know about this info would be apprecoated.

Eddie from Oregon
Visitor
Posted on Wednesday, May 31, 2006 - 09:55 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan,
How old is this engine?

Stan Grygorcewicz
Username: gryg1

Post Number: 13
Posted on Thursday, June 01, 2006 - 05:49 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1976 model

Eddie from Oregon
Visitor
Posted on Thursday, June 01, 2006 - 09:58 am:

Is that a slant engine? I assume it is not a flat head engine."

cannot sem to get a response f

cannot sem to get a response from my question.anybody know anything about chrysler engines/manifolds

"Not old ones like that! Ther

"Not old ones like that! There's gotta be support group for you someplace, though.

Jeff"

"Stan, I and I would think Fas

"Stan, I and I would think Fastjeff and others, are eager to assist you in solving the engine problems. Your's is a somewhat awkward situation. It is a fazed out and rarely seen engine these days. It is also not really old enough to be an anitque. That is why I suggested posting on both boards, as I see you have done. I recommend that you repost again on both boards in the future. I would emphasize " flat head " in the title on this board and " Chrysler 6 cylinder " on Old Marine Engine. I will keep an eye out for any helpfull information."

"Stan,

When you say it'

"Stan,

When you say it's a "265"... what is the actual model as shown on the nameplate?

The Crown and Crown Special were 265 cubic inch, but are Model M47 (and variations). See the manuals that we offer here and see if it looks like your model.

If you have a Chrysler Crown, Barr marine still offers some manifold for that model. See this link. You may have to left click on the image to make it larger depending on your browser.

We can supply these parts but I would have to check on specific availabilty. Is you have specific questions you could also call Barr at (866) 255-9265

Hope this helps."

"Oh... looks like I did'nt

"Oh... looks like I did'nt read you post completely... you think it's a 1976?

Is it a model M265? I think the M265 went up to 1971.

See manifold at this link in pdf format"

"as far as i can find out thes

"as far as i can find out these motors were used in the australian chrysler valiant cars,such as the r/t charger,pacer and such cars in the 1970's.flat head motors as i see it have spark plugs on top of the heads,dont know this for such.it supposed to be a 265 Hemi motor by chrysler."

Hemis are V-8 engines. The spa

Hemis are V-8 engines. The spark plugs were in the head with wells going through the valve covers for them.

"this is just a normal 6 cyl c

"this is just a normal 6 cyl chrysler motor which looks like a car motor in a australian chrysler valiant car .its nothing special.looks like in your part of the world this motor has not been used much,but in australia there are many.i dont believe that it is as antique as everyone seems to think."

"OK, let's get back to bas

"OK, let's get back to basics. This is a 6 cylinder engine. Are the cylinders arranged in a straight line. Is the cylinder head cast iron, with no valve cover, and is bolted directly on top of the cylinder block with spark plugs going into the head on the very top?"

"My understanding of "Vali

"My understanding of "Valiant" engines is the only slant engine in Australia is the 225ci. 265ci engines are straight up-n-down engines.The 265ci that is refered to here is a marinised version of a once commom auto engine here.Cast iron block,cast iron head,two valves per cylinder on the top of the head.push rod type rocker gear.Spark plugs are in the side of the head.Yes it is an inline six.Sorry i cannot shed any light on your query Stan as i have only worked on the auto versions in a few Charger's and the was a long time ago.Do hope this explains a few things and helps you out.
Scott."

scott clark has it.inevery det

scott clark has it.inevery detail.looks like he know the engine. have a chrisler 6 cyl motor 265 and my question is there are 2 outlets on the exhaust manifold .they are on the top of the manifold.1 inlet on the bottom.the bottom one i thing goes from the heat exchanges to the bottom of the manifold and then get expelled to the leg.i would like to know what the 2 top inlet/outlet holes are for because the other one that was originally on my boat did not have these.i assume it could be for exhaust manifold cooling.we are geting closer to the question

Apparently this is an engine n

Apparently this is an engine not used here in the U.S.A.. Sorry for any confusion. Best of luck.

Back