Logo

Drain system

hugo

"This is a 92'Mercruiser 4

"This is a 92'Mercruiser 4.3LX, I drain out the water from cylinder and manifold each times after use. Now, I wondering if it will easier to corison beacause it is empty inside."

"I'm not sure what you&#39

"I'm not sure what you're asking.

Are you draining after pulling the boat out of the water, draining after flushing with fresh water, or draining prior to extended layup?"

"Troy:

I think he is asking

"Troy:

I think he is asking if the engine cooling jacket, exh. mans. and risers will rust faster since he drains the water out after each use."

don't do that unless it&#3

don't do that unless it's going to get to freezing temps. Cast iron rusts much faster in air than under water.

"Hy Stat:Why the new design of

"Hy Stat:Why the new design of Mercruiser have the drain system, Is this just for winterized? Thx."

"There is no need to drain you

"There is no need to drain your engine or manifolds after flushing.

Yes they are there for winterizing purposes.

The "new design" is not really new it is done with bright colors and plastic. Much Easier to identify and CHEAP to manufacture............ No machining required, all molded.

Spend less time draining and more time "drinking"

Thats my moto...................LOL"

"If and when you winterize, yo

"If and when you winterize, you'll want to drain all the water, and replace it with RV/Marine antifreeze... commonly referred to as the 'pink stuff', which is environmentally freindly, so that when you recommission in the spring, you don't have to worry about dumping it.
Like the others said, no need, or desire, to drain unless you're winterizing."

Back