Logo

JUST IN TIME TAKE A LOOK 150 YAMAHA

S

sean moran

i have a 150 yamaha efi ox66 s

i have a 150 yamaha efi ox66 saltwater series 2 when i give it throttle it bogs but i can ease it up on plane up to 3800rpm no higher. if i hit a wave or anything ot will lose rpms. starts fine idles fine. changed all fuel lines both low pressure pumps and all filters except the one in the vst tank. also replaced primer bulb. had a guy do fuel pressure test and found that it was 4 psi lower than they recommended pressure. would that little bit effect it. if so is the high pressure pump bad or would a dirty filter on it cause such a little drop. also did spark test and comp test which all was fine. the vst tank has a drain screw when i take it out and drain fuel and pressure then pump primer bulb and refill it will run good for 30 sec to a minute. seems like letting the vaccum off it may be dropping the debris off of the screen but after 30 sec it builds a vaccum back up and reclogs. i don't know i just am making sure i have not overlooked anything because a high pressure fuel pump is expensive. do they loose pressure like that when they go out or do they just go out and quit working? thanks for your time and god bless!

better clean that screen
migh

better clean that screen
might also be clogged injectors
there is also a high pressure filter
also a high pressure screen in the HP pump on motor

thank you i am going to clean

thank you i am going to clean the screen but where is the filter or is that the screen also. and how could you test to see if your injectors are clogged or what could i put in the gas to run through them and un clog them?

"you could pull on at a time a

"you could pull on at a time and look at spary

or send them to FL or WA for cleaning

screen is in the vst tank
you will need the 75$ gasket, LOL"

"Sean,

I and others have ha

"Sean,

I and others have had the same type of problem. For $18 an injector, witchhunter.com will do a comprehensive test and cleaning of your injectors and give you a print-out of the results before and after. I would start with this as its the easiest and least expensive as it should take about 10 minutes to remove your injectors and if you pay for next day shipping to and from you can have your injectors back in a few days. I did it the hard way by pulling out the pumps and checking the screens and filters, etc. and wasting numerous hours only to find it was clogged injectors. Good luck!"

Back