Logo

2006 Yamaha 50HP stalls after warming up

usafeod

"I have a new 2006 Yamaha 50 H

"I have a new 2006 Yamaha 50 HP purchased in 2007 which fails to maintain power after it warms up. In addition to being very hard to start, the engine has now developed a new problem. After warm up, it will run under medium power for about 2 minutes & then comes off power, like it looses a couple of the 3 cylinders. It will continue to run but has no power, seems like it has but back to the warning mode of under 2000 RPM? It is not over heating, water is passing out the tube & the warning horn is not sounding. The following has been tried or replaced by the dealer to no evail: tightened fuel lines, new fuel tank, check fuel flow under power via carb throttle bodies, thermostat, new spark plugs, gas line fitting at motor, over-heat sensor, computer/black box. Unfortunately, they do not have the facility to test run the motor long enough under power to simulate actual performance so they replace a part, I take it 50 miles round trip to test drive it. Not much left to replace. I've lost 6 weeks of fishing with a motor with less than 30 hours on it. For Sale, 50 HP Yamaha, short test drives only!!"

I think the only thing that ha

I think the only thing that has not been traded out or replaced is the stator & the three ignition coils.

"It sure sucks when you have t

"It sure sucks when you have to eat the crow and all feathers. The mechanic finally took it out & ran it last week. Well after cleaning the carbs (varnish on one needle & seat), I ran it today and it ran just fine! Heck, even caught a few fish. I certainly don't understand how it gumed/varnished up and I never thought it had set that long at any given time for that to happen. I don't know but I'll stop running Wal-Mart gas & start running non-ethenol fuel if I can find it. Maybe that will resolve it but had I known, I can clean my own carbs and save a hundred bucks for cleaning the carbs and eighty five for the test ride. Guess I paid for their knowledge but it seem I learn quicker that way. The upside, look at all the stuff that got changed so I know what is still good?"

Back