Logo

Interruptor switch

"My 91 350 mag has developed a

"My 91 350 mag has developed a stalling problem when selecting gear, by manually flicking the switch off the lobe and in to the open position...she starts. I've checked the switch and tried numerous adjustments on the linkages/cables..no good. The boat is coming back out of the water today, where would be the place to start?"

"7 times out of 10 times when

"7 times out of 10 times when this occurs it is usually the short shift cable that is causing to much resistance. The interupter switch system works from resistance except it is the resistance caused the clutch dog and gear resistance in the lower unit.

Has the engine gotten to hot recently?

If this is the other 3 out of 10 then it could be the cable adjustments or the mechancal linkage components at the gimbal housing and outdrive.

With the boat out of the water. put in forward gear, remove the outdrive, remove the short cable from the bracket. You should be able to move (push/pull) the cable with your index finger and thumb easily. If you can not then it is the cable.

If you can then repost for more info"

"Thanks for that, engine has n

"Thanks for that, engine has not overheated,I'll get the outdrive off try what you've suggested and report back! The boat has been laid up for a long time so it would be no surpise if a cable or linkage is dry/sticky."

Back