Logo

2001 F115 will not turn off

D

Dave Murcko

"Hello, I just recently ran in

"Hello, I just recently ran into a problem with my Yamaha 115, first my engine would not crank also my digital gauges were not coming on and neither the trim on the control or the outboard would work. I did find a blown fuse in inside the outboard in which I replaced. After that I was able to crank over the engine but still my gauges were not coming on and now the only way to kill the engine was to turn off the battery switch. Even pulling the kill switch did not stop the engine. I purchased a new ignition switch setup and still the problem continues. I can start the engine but my gauges do not come on and I can only kill the engine by turning off the battery switch. Please help any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks"

"Thanks for the reply, I did c

"Thanks for the reply, I did check that and the fuse is fine, I also read on the Maverick website that it may be the white wire from the wiring harness in regards to the engine not turning off"

the white wire is the stop cir

the white wire is the stop circuit
start it
find the white wire
touch it to the engine block
motor turn off?
if so then you know it is the stop circuit or the key switch

no fuses for stop circuit

"remember that this motor uses

"remember that this motor uses tci ignition, what is the white wire grounding to turn off the motor, it cant be the cdi or ignition charge coil ?"

Back