Logo

Mag 350mpi vacuum leak

brian_oc

"Can a small crack in the vacu

"Can a small crack in the vacuum line going from the fuel preasure regulator to the intake manifold cause the engine to miss.Its only misses at 2000-4000 rpm.There was a splice in the hose and it was cracked at one end where they came together.Also I have been told to only run ac delco plugs in chevy's. I have ngk's in it now, it was missing before I put them in.Not sure what was in it before. Doubt of it is the spark pkugs."

A vacuum leak will cause a rou

A vacuum leak will cause a rough idle; miss. NGK plugs are OK. Are you sure you don't have a bad plug wire?

"It idles fine only misses at

"It idles fine only misses at higher rpm had a complete tune up done cap rotor dist. module plugs plug wires external coil and fuel pump.Havent change the pick up coil in the dist. yet,also thought it could be the knock module although it was checked for codes with no codes came up."

"Havent change the pick up

"Havent change the pick up coil in the dist. yet"

If it's an older module and heavily rusted that could contribute.

"It's the original pick up

"It's the original pick up coil there was some rust on the rotor post as well as the magnets that are around the post.When I first started checking things the cap had a green looking corosion on the contacts in the cap, so I thought it was the cap causing the problem.Also the dist. module screws were very rusty so I replaced it as well.Do you have to pull the distributor out to change the pick up coil?"

Its a 1998 mag 350 mpi there a

Its a 1998 mag 350 mpi there are magnets and a copper winding under the rotor and they seem to be pressed on the coil pick up is under that. It dosent look like they come off.

Back