Logo

Volvo prop

gryg1

Regular Contributor
"need so info /feedback in a h

"need so info /feedback in a hurry,action finishs in 7 hrs.any body help.I have A Aq145a with 280 drive.have at the moment 15 X 17 prop.tried a 14 X 19 and thats good.have lots of spare revs available on both of these props.have a chance at aquiring a 14 3/4 X 19 pitch.The next one I was going to try is a 15 X 19 which I think will give me what I want.I saw a 14 3/4 x 19 on ebay and think this may do the jobs,BUT it is a 4 blade.and was wondering if this would do the job.What will the effect or what would I expect) be between the 4 blade and the 3 blade 15 X 17.
Thanks Stan.
Anybody with input would be appreciated before I make a dissision."

"What do you spin @ WOT with t

"What do you spin @ WOT with the 15x17 and 14x19? You should spin 5100 rpm. A two inch change in pitch equates to roughly 400 rpm. A larger diameter prop will give you more thrust, but will decrease your hole shot.

I am unaware of a four blade prop manufactured for the AQ series drives.

If you can spin 5500+ rpm with the 15x17, then I would try the 15x19. Good luck."

"its a volvo prop apparently[u

"its a volvo prop apparentlyhttp://cgi.ebay.com.au/volvo-penta-4-blade-propellor-17-spline_W0QQitemZ13024591 1923QQihZ003QQcategoryZ26456QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I can get5500 no problems with 14x19,with the 15x17 havent had it wot yet but have some more revs to play with.it a 16 ft 1/2 cabin.not really interested in hole shote just top speed crusin when we vgot out fishing.just wondering ,its between 14 & 15 inch,with 19 pitch BUT 4 blade .the 4 blade is what i would like an opion on.will i get better top crusing speed?"

"Pitch = speed

Diameter an

"Pitch = speed

Diameter and # blades = thrust

Personally, I believe that a four blade prop will have less top end speed than a three blade of the same pitch, due to frictional losses attributed to the greater surface area in contact with the water.

I am unable to view your hyperlink at the moment.

Since you can spin 5500 rpm with a 14x19 and it sounds like you are looking for greater top end speed, I would advise trying a 15x19 three blade prop."

thank for that I think i will

thank for that I think i will go with my original idea and go for the 15 x 19.
thank you
stan

Back