Logo

Se 106

atilla_boy

Regular Contributor
anyone ever tried these outdri

anyone ever tried these outdrive as a replacement for the alpha 1's??? just looking cause I don't like the way my case looks.. it looks a little pitted and was wondering if these replacements are worth it???

"Ayuh,.... Not that I've b

"Ayuh,.... Not that I've bought 1 Yet,..

For the average Joe,...
Their Cheaper than having your own outdrive Repaired, Resealed, or even Looked at.....
And with a Warrenty....

I hear alot of Good things about them on the various forums that I frequent....
Actually,....
The Only Badmouthing I've heard about them has been at various Merc. Stealerships,...."

"I was on my friend's boat

"I was on my friend's boat w/a 350/260 HP and a new SE OD. It did great, was quiet and looked good. It did have smaller trim/tilt cylinders but did respond very quickly to the trim motor. He uses it in Chesapeake Bay and stated the paint chips easily. Great OD for $1,200."

"John;
I don't think you

"John;
I don't think you can go wrong with an SEI.
Their matallurgy, materials and tolerances seem to be at least as good as Merc drives; likely better.
And the fact that you can buy two of them for the price of one similar Merc drive makes it that much better.
I have an SE116 lower gearcase that I have not needed to put on the boat yet; it is my spare drive just waiting to go the day it is needed.

Rod"

Back