Logo

False oil alarm 1995 Yamaha 150

danjellum

"I have a 1995 150 hp TXRT Sal

"I have a 1995 150 hp TXRT Saltwater Series engine on my Grady White. My oil alarms go off when I go over a wave or exceed 3700 – 3800 rpms for 15 minutes or so. It is a solid (rather than intermittent) buzz and all three oil indicators flash (green, yellow and red) followed by reduction in rpms. I power down to 1500 or so and the alarms stop and I am able to run again for a while. Both oil tanks are full and I have checked the heat sensors, etc. to no avail. I have checked all harness connectors and only found corrosion on the black lead coming from the remote oil sensor. (There are 4 wires coming from the sensor: black, white on blue, green on blue and red on blue (which is spliced and two red on blue wires go into the connector but only one comes out the other side of the connector)). I cleaned the connector still had the problem then spliced it (ultimately soldering the connection) but still have the problem. Is the ground wire supposed to be bright copper like the other leads under the insulation? Mine looks like there is black varnish on each strand."

if you want the troubleshootin

if you want the troubleshooting guide email me

check out greatgrady.com also

i got a 228

Back