Logo

350 Magnum cutting out

L

Loyd Fields

"Took the boat out for the fir

"Took the boat out for the first time yesterday. While heading back to the ramp the engine stumbled and died a minute later, after hitting some big wakes. Fired back up with no problems then did it again. It started dieing every couple of minutes even in smooth water. It is acting like it is starved for fuel. We had used about 2/3 of a tank of gas before this started happening.

It is a 94 350 Magnum (carberated)with 220 hours. We changed the spark plugs last year, cap, rotor, cooling water impeller and fuel filter/seperator this year. The fuel tank was filled last November with stabilizer. The engine temp was around 150 when it started shutting off.

Looking for some ideas. Bad gas or air in the fuel lines from the filter change?"

"[b]"Bad gas or air in the

""Bad gas or air in the fuel lines from the filter change?"

Ayuh,... Possibly Bad Gas,+ the need to change the Filters again...."

"Thanks, for the reply. With b

"Thanks, for the reply. With bad gas would we need to drain the gas tank? Could we just fill it up with good gas an run it out? It probably has 1/4 to a 1/3 of a tank left in it. Is there an additive that we shold?"

"If the tank has sludge and de

"If the tank has sludge and debris on the bottom it needs to be pumped and cleaned out. I use SEA FOAM in my fuel; good stuff.

If the gas just has water in it, then add Startron fuel treatment and fill with fresh straight gas. Startron will break up the water into molecules that can be burned in the engine."

can any one tell me how my 5.7

can any one tell me how my 5.7 mercruiser could drop a valve just had the head skimed and pistons reground hope you guys can help

"andymuz:

Start a new threa

"andymuz:

Start a new thread for the most responses. Go to the top of the page, select topics, select mercruiser and in the solid blue area start new..."

Back