Logo

Need help with finding impellermanual

herr_bolus

"Hi,

I've resently obta

"Hi,

I've resently obtained an old but in good shape yamaha 5b (don't know the year think somewhere 80's)
The only problem is that the water-cooling doesn't work.

I've looked everywhere on the internet but just can't find a manual wich i can download to look up how to fix the problem.

Also tryed looking everywhere to find the impeller in the motor it's not in the lower unit and looked everywhere on the motor itself at least the parts i could get off, there's one thing (don't know the english name), with wich you generate power for the sparkplug, i just couldn't get it off so i'm not able to check if the impeller is underneath it?

Now can it be that the impeller is exactly where i can't get to or there is no impeller?
It's aircooled but i;m sure it's also watercooled because it has a water intake behind the propeller and pee-holes in the mid section...

So my question is if anybody knows how to fix this problem (or how the cooling/pumping works where i can find the damn impeller?) or were i can find a good site to look up a manual of this type.

Thank you very much for your help and time.

Gr. Paul"

"Ok i've had a better look

"Ok i've had a better look
now i've got the thing off i was talking about
but don't think the impeller is there because then it should be in the "carter".

So i'm starting to think there is no impeller,
can it be that the propellor pushes the water thru the system?

I also put a hose on the water intake to check if its blokked or anything but it all looks fine except for that the water is not exiting the pee-holes.

Thank you."

Back