Logo

Newbie 0x66 200 yamaha

tommy1

"We have a 99 0x66 200 yam and

"We have a 99 0x66 200 yam and don't get to run it as often as we like, but when we do the VST filter is stopped up and the check valve is stuck, question is can the check valve be remove from the system without causing other problems.Thanks for any info i have been reading the post and there is a lot of great info on here."

"Thanks for responding, no it

"Thanks for responding, no it is a plastic check valve just past the cartridge filter i think it has a 10 micron replaceable and bolted to the engine block. My guess would be that it holds VST pressure. Or could this have been an add on by the other owner. Thanks"

"I would but the boat is at th

"I would but the boat is at the lake 2 hrs away, it is a check valve it screws apart, i clean it and it will work for a little while before getting suck again. Thanks"

Thanks i look in a manual and

Thanks i look in a manual and i didn't see it on picture so maybe an add on. Do you think we could have water in the tank making this happen so often. Thanks

"Update, changed both pumps mo

"Update, changed both pumps mounted to the block, removed the inline check valve and replaced the high pressure pump filter in the VST tank, ran like a sewing machine. We had been cleaning the HP pump filter. I believe it should be replaced not cleaned, after cleaning tried to blow in both and you could tell the difference. Thanks there is a lot of great info on the forum, i enjoy reading of problems and solution. Thanks again"

you mean the metal one on top

you mean the metal one on top of the VST tank

if so yami wants it replaced every 5 years or 500 hrs

"No it had a check valve inlin

"No it had a check valve inline before the clear plastic filter housing, but i took it out and it ran just fine...maybe a add on?? And Thanks for checking"

Back