Logo

1986 calypso w 50L mercruiser IO salt water stalling

S

Shawn Hagan

"Okay so i made the dumb mista

"Okay so i made the dumb mistake o f buying without sea trial.. (smacks self) anyways, Runs great.. or so it seems. Cranks up no odd noises, had the mechanics out.. cant seem to guess me out of more money.. Ive replaced the 4 barrel, the risers, manifolds, the batteries,wires, coil, ect... like i said runs great.. Sitting on he traler for an hour rev'd up, no problems.. take it out in the bay, run it and nvr fails to start backfiring, power surges, rough running and stall, and become hard start.. Like i said starts easy.. hot or cold.. sit at the house and tinker.. cant duplicate.. take it in the bay and sure enough it *&^^* with me!!! Is it possessed?"

Sounds like it's not getti

Sounds like it's not getting enough gas.

1. Clean/ replace fuel filters (several times if necessary)

2. Check the fuel pressure at WOT in the water. Should be about 4 to 5 psi.

Jeff

"Thanks for the tip, but does

"Thanks for the tip, but does this make sense, wehn one day i can go out for 20 minutes, then it happens,the next i might be out 2 hours b4 it happens, or maybe 45 minutes the next.. just seems so odd, but the outcome is the same... puttering back in and stalling till its soo hard to crank and it smells flooded... when i get it trailered home only 10 minutes away it runs fine again on the trailer... I'm telling you its possessed.. heheh, ill still check all that"

Back