Logo

Blower Fuse

J

Jim Roy

Have a Merc 4.3 Liter inboard

Have a Merc 4.3 Liter inboard and the blower stopped functioning. Is there a fuse I can check?

Thanks
Jim

"mine has a fuze directly unde

"mine has a fuze directly under the switch on the dash as well. I think it depends on the year of your boat... older boats like mine havev the little tube looking fuzes while newer boats such as Jeff's have C/B's...as far as any other fuzes I've never heard of them any where else for the blower unless someone put an after market one in...I you want to test it try running a wire directly from one of you barreries to see if that will get it started. if it runs while hooked up directly there may be a fuze somewhere other than the one by the switch.. hope this helps
"

"Check for 12 volts at the blo

"Check for 12 volts at the blower motor connection to engine ground. Now check the ground wire for continuity to the engine ground; if it's good then turn off the blower and see if the fan blade turns very easily. If it does turn then disconnect the blower wires and check for continuity of the windings. If they are open, replace the blower.

If you don't find 12 volts then trace the wiring for breaks w/a test lamp probe w/blower switch on."

Back