Logo

MAG 350 MISS PROBLEM

brian_oc

"I have a 1998 MERCRUISER MAG

"I have a 1998 MERCRUISER MAG 350 MPI it seems to have an ignition miss at 2000-4000 rpm It feels like a quick lack of spark, there or no change in rpm or mph.No codes show on scan tool I have changed the plugs plug wires cap and rotor coil dist. module anti syphon valve ran dual batteries nothing seems to fix problem 3 shops have checked it out I keep spending money with no resolve to problem any ideas would be great?"

Have you tried some injector c

Have you tried some injector cleaner?
Are you running stock thru-prop exhaust and stock flame arrestor?

Rod

Do the spark plugs look the sa

Do the spark plugs look the same in color? If one is different then I would suspect that cylinder's components.

I have stock exhaust thru-prop

I have stock exhaust thru-prop alpha 1 dont think its an injetor sometimes it will run for an hour or more whith no miss.Not sure what a canuter valve is or how to check.I did over heat once seemed to notice problem after that it only got hot and set off alarm and went into limp mode. dont think that would be hot enough to burn a valve or blow a head gasket?

"Brian;
It seems someone is h

"Brian;
It seems someone is high-jacking my name for some unknown reason. I did not submit the last remark, and I have no idea what a canuter valve is either. Strange!

If you are concerned about basic engine integrity, I suggest doing a compression test to check it.

Rod"

Back