Logo

Maybe new maybe old gas

atilla_boy

Regular Contributor
I aquired a new to me boat aft

I aquired a new to me boat after some trading with my boat and a car. well a friend of mine traded his car for a bigger boat than mine and he wanted my boat so we swapped cause I wanted an overnight boat vs. an open bow... the problem is my friend didn't ask when he put gas in it last and I don't know how to tell how old the gas is... I can't smell it cause my nose was burnt from a chemical exposure in the military so how else can you check it???

"Add some gas line antifreez,H

"Add some gas line antifreez,Have you even tried starting it?Find out how long the gas has been in there.I added stabilizer,antifreeze, octane booster,and new gas.If it's too old you should take the gas out."

If in serious doubt drain it f

If in serious doubt drain it for the lawnmower. Diluting it by adding a higher volume of fresh gas may be all that is needed.

I tried to start it but it won

I tried to start it but it won't fire...id I pour a small amount of it in the carb. it fires but wont stay running. Thats what has my mind turning. The gas thats in the tank will runn the engine but I think the carb is plugged up with gunk so it won't run on its own... I am letting the carb soak in a carb cleaning thing I bought from auto zone that looks like a paint can with a basket inside to hold the parts untill morning then try again. I'll try to take pics of the gas so ya'll can see the color of it and post them tomorrow

Back