Logo

Broke bellow in Mercruiser stern drive

glrider

"I have a 1994 Bayliner 2755St

"I have a 1994 Bayliner 2755St with a 7.4 merc engine and a bravo two leg. I have the boat out for cleaning and when I inspected the leg, inside I can see two long hose shaped pieces that look to me like they were coiled like a garage door opener spring. One of them has a split in it. A guy I know who is a mechanic said I might be talking about the bellows. How easy is this to fix myself? Is there somewhere I can find how to take the leg apart to get at it. What happens if I put the boat back in the water without fixing it? If I can't fix it and have to get the mechanics to do it, it may be weeks before they can get to it, and in the meantime I am paying for the boat to sit on the hard. Any help suggestions would be greatly appreciated."

"If it's the top one your

"If it's the top one your boat will leak, if it's the bottom one thats your exhaust, not really a big deal. If your mechanically inclined you can do it yourself. Not the funnest job in the world but its possible. You should replace both bellows, the shift cable boot, the water hose, the gimble bearing and check the u-joints while your in there. If you look back in the postings you can find how to replace them. Good luck."

Back