Logo

04 F150 running prblms

eatfish

"Here's what I have so far

"Here's what I have so far. Bought the boat about 3months ago. only got 5200 WOT then. started running rough and loosing WOT rpm's. Needed a prop anyway, changed the prop no change in performance. getting worse by the hour. did the usual. fuel filters, lines, ball, cleaned med press filter, water sep."

"compression 119 on all four,

"compression 119 on all four, 40 psi fuel at the rail, drained VST tank, nothing found, ran Seafoam mix and it got worse. Removed fuel injectors and sent out for eval. am I on the right track. it looks like a nasty job to pull the VST tank and clean it and the filter"

"Mike,
Your issue sounds very

"Mike,
Your issue sounds very similar to mine on 2004 F150 - see post from last week. Compression, fuel press check, diagnostic scan, and then injectors were on my list to do next...so sounds to me like you are on at least same thought process as me. I checked all the filters, including the high press pump inlet filter (in the VST) and the filter at the inlet to the VST. All my filters were clean. As far as how nasty the VST job...it looked harder than it was. Start with intake silencer, has about 8 bolts. Then another 6 bolts or so to get the intake manifold off. Then you can swing the intake manifold out, and another 3 bolts and a few hoses and the VST is out. Please post once you solve your issue as it sounds like we could have same problem. Thanks."

"No, I just got back home with

"No, I just got back home with boat from vacation and wanted to do some testing first. However I did look into a post that someone else made where they used WitchHunter.com to test and clean their injectors for $18 each. Went to the website and sounded to me like a good place to send them, so unless I find something first, I plan to send them there. They advertise a couple of day turnaround."

"DEFINATELY GET THE INJECTORS

"DEFINATELY GET THE INJECTORS CLEANED AND THE FILTERS IN THEM CHANGED, HAD AN 06 F150 WITH AN ERRATIC IDLE AND MAX WOT AT 3200RPM, HAD INJECTORS CLEANED AND FILTERS REPLACED, NOW IDLES FINE AND WOT AT 5800."

"I hope so, The dealer is bac

"I hope so, The dealer is backlogged a week just to hook it up to the computer. I've definatly learned a lot from this forum, and hopefully saved some money, but its been a frustrating experience, especially for a rookie boater"

Back