Logo

Engine alarm on mercruiser 496 mag

camaco

"I was running my boat and the

"I was running my boat and the engine alarm started sounding, mostly at low speeds. I checked engine oil and I was a quart or so low so I filled it...the oil pressure was okay and temp was 180 at idle and below at higher speeds. The alarm continued to go off intermittently. I rechecked everything and the drive oil too, which was fine. It seem to go off a lower speeds and when accelerating on plane. When I beached it, another boater told me to shut off the batteries, wait a few minutes, then restart. He suggested that this might reset the alarm system...which apparently it did because I didn't have any more problems the rest of the day.

Has anyone else experienced this situation? Everything seems fine: oil pressure, drive oil, engine oil, and temp never got above 180, usually stayed between 160-180. Any feedback will be appreciated."

"temp was 180 at idle and

"temp was 180 at idle and below at higher speeds."

change water impeller; it's time!

i had the similar problem this

i had the similar problem this weekend. my temp stayed around 150 and everything was fine. as soon as i would throttle up to around 3500 and get on plane the alarm would go off and the engine would back itself down. someone said it may be a inline fuelfilter being clogged and it is starving for gas when it it starts to drink it but why then does the alarm go off. sounds similar to camaco. no other issues with anything else. Any additionaL info on any other reasons. Thanks

check out the responses to my

check out the responses to my post above for more suggestions seem we are having similar problems. if you figured yours out let me know thanks carl

Back