Logo

Yamaha F15w outboard

danboy

"Engine stalls and then when I

"Engine stalls and then when I re-prime the fuel
line bulb, it starts again only to stall after
running for a while. Carb was rebuilt last year. I took out the thermostat and the impeller was replaced last year so it's not the auto shut off. The fuel line hose from the gas tank is new and the vent on the cap is free. Fuel filter was also replaced. Fuel filter is clear so I
see it fill with gas and then as the engine runs
I see it being pumped into the carb by the fuel pump. There are no cracks in the fuel line that I can see? Anyone have any ideas what I can check next to correct this problem?
Thank you"

"We cleaned the carb, and fuel

"We cleaned the carb, and fuel pump and replaced the outer diaphram on the fuel pump. Same problem. It looks like once the gas is used up in the carb and clear fuel filter, the flow is interupted some how and the engine stalls. We took off the hose and checked the fuel pumping in and the hose pumping out to the carb and it's pumping fuel. Something is stopping the fuel flow to the carb? All the hoses are ok and tight. Even though the fuel pump is pumping, how can we tell if the fuel pump is pumping enough fuel to the carb? How can we tell if the problem is the fuel pump? There are no noticable gas leaks when we pump the bulb so how can air be getting in, if that is what's stopping the flow?"

Back