Logo

Tohatsu M50D 2000 Model TLDI

rob08

"We recently bought this boat

"We recently bought this boat after about a month and roughly 4 tanks of gas, we started experianceing a bad miss it wouldnt do this until the tank got down to about half full. but its only fouling plugs on top 2 cynlinders. once it starts missing can only get about 1100 rpm and all warning lights come on. took back to dealer they changed all 3 air injecters. still doing same thing, took back and they changed #1 fuel injecter and all 3 plugs. ran good for about 3hrs and fouled the top 2 plugs. changed all 3 plugs today and fouled top 2 within 5 mins of luanching boat with full tank of gas."

It could be a bad ECM. The eng

It could be a bad ECM. The engine is 8 years old so any of the electronics are suspect. You could also have an issue with your fuel itself. The tachometer has a diagnostic feature built in to it to display fault codes. Take the engine back into the dealer and have them use their service manual to find the fault if is is electronic.

"Thank you for your time Guru

"Thank you for your time Guru
On the second time in they told me i was using wrong oil, said i should be using a synthetic. i was using a tc-w3 premium. what do you think?"

"I think you are your own wors

"I think you are your own worse enemy
Yes, using a dino oil instead of a synthetic or semi synthetic oil will screw up your injectors and spark plugs. Dino oil clumps up and fouls out the injectors, will not atomize when sprayed by the injectors and will not fully burn so it fouls out your plugs. Have them purge your oil out of the tank and lines and start of fresh."

Thank You
Oil was purged when

Thank You
Oil was purged when shop changed #1 injector. Do think i need to have #2 And #3 changed.

"I hate to yes, because they a

"I hate to yes, because they aren't cheap and you may get away with it....But, if they are already partially plugged you may get a failure at a time when you can least handle it. So the answer is a qualified yes. But, keep them as spares."

Back