Logo

Mercruiser alpha 1 Ajustment

gmcpeg

"Hi, (i am going to dp my

"Hi, (i am going to dp my best to write in english) i have a GM 5.7 with a Alpha one.

I changed the motor few days ago and everything is going weel without this:

when i engage to go forward, after i ask to go faster, it seems like it turn on neutral, i slox down a bit and i can go, but if i ask too much to go faster, it donig again. It sound like it turn it on neutral!

On neutral at iddle, everything is ok, but if i give gaz a bit, 1 hear like gear doesnt go in !!

I dont kniow a lot about this! Can someone can give me some trick or maybe suggestion?

Thanks a lot in advance"

did you change the motor to th

did you change the motor to the same horse power or did you get a bigger motor. it sounds like your propeller is to small for new and bigger motor...

Are you saying the boat won&#3

Are you saying the boat won't go forward but the engine speed increases when you push the throttle forward? The shift cable needs adjusted? The engine coupler is worn and slipping? The prop is slipping? Try another prop.

"First of all, thanks for you

"First of all, thanks for your answerd.

usualy, it was a 5.0L (GM305) and i changed it for a 5.7L (GM350)

The boat go forward and backward but when i increase the angine speed more then 30% the angine start to run for nothing and seem to run freely like it disengage on the mercruiser!

I hope you undrestand my bad english and i'm sorry about it!

Thanks again"

Sounds like your prop hub is s

Sounds like your prop hub is slipping or your engine coupler is slipping under power.
Try a different prop.
If that does not help likely your coupler.
The engine will have to come out to change it.

rod

Back