Logo

Comander Control

airchairmen

Still having a problem taking

Still having a problem taking this thing apart.
I have the face cover off the arm. The hex nut which holds the arm on is splined inside and it is notched at the top for wires for the tirm/trailer switches. At the bottom of the nut what I thought was a shim or wedge is just like a ramped edge that is part of the casting of the handle. In the center of the nut is a button for the "Throttle Only" switch. I do not see any screws like Guy mentioned to me in a earlier post. I realize that the nut can't be turned because of the splined center. Guy said pull it straight off but I feel like I may break somthing. There has to be somthing that is holding the nut in place but I can't see it. Screws? Pressed on? Anybody?
Thanks.
Rick

I don't have my manual w/m

I don't have my manual w/me and it was over 2 yrs. ago when I last worked on it. See if the nut will unscrew. The switches are disconnected inside the black plastic connector; remove 4 pins. The square outer face of the assy. the handle mts. to is covered by a sticky back plastic plate. Mounting screws are under it.
Did you remove the allen screw from the base of the handle?????

Have not had a chance to check

Have not had a chance to check for the allen screw. It is one place I did not look. I will check and push forward.
Thanks for the help.
Rick

Back