Logo

15hp 2 stroke intake torque spec

N

Neil Hogg

Would anyone happen to know th

Would anyone happen to know the intake manifold torque spec on a 15hp 2 stroke (NS15C).
Thanks Neil

"Sorry, should have said reed

"Sorry, should have said reed plate vs intake.

thanks"

"Simply trying to help a frien

"Simply trying to help a friend get up and running who is on a very tight budget, the expense of a manual for one simple spec doesn't justify. This "won't help" mentality seems to be a common theme around the Nissan dealers and products. Interesting that I got the same response from the dealer he bought the motor and many parts from.

What am I missing about this forum, I thought the sharing of information was one of the objectives?

I belong to a number of technical forums where we share information to help folks who do not have (or need)a fully equipped shop to perform simple repairs. In this case we are converting a 9.9hp to a 15hp by transferring the carb & reed plate and one simple spec is all that is needed to ensure reliability.

Would anyone else happen to have the reed plate torque spec?

thanks"

"You have some problems at thi

"You have some problems at this point.

1) Your arrogance is amazing as no one owes you anything. You were given a phone number to call where they would tell you the spec or you were advised to pick up a service manual which would certainly be of benefit to any amateur who didn't know what they were doing. Very applicable in your case.

2) You don't have a clue as to what the difference is between the 9.9 and 15. Big hint genius...The carburetor and reed plate are identical on those models. Something you would know if you had a service manual and or a parts book.

3)The only difference is the timing cam , it's held on with two tiny little bolts. You throw away the one on the 9.9 and replace it with the one for the 15. It takes 5 minutes.

I don't provide specs to people anymore because it forces them to use at least some minimal effort to help themselves. The advice I gave you in the first post was not the advice you wanted...However, it was the advice YOU needed."

"Firstly, thank you for provid

"Firstly, thank you for providing your experience in an effort to help...sincerely.
Fact is, in this case due to different model years the reed plates,carbs and cams are all different and all have to be swapped. The pulse nipples are in different locations on the reed plates that prevents just the carb swap alone.

Didn't intend to sound arrogant, it must have come across that way after having two dealers tell me "why would they share their proprietary information,this is their business". A $60 manual for one very simple spec???.... I couldn't believe their arrogance!
I have been in the business myself for over 35 years and I have seen this attitude be the demise of many small thinking business man.
Other forums freely share this type of information to help both the experienced,and not so experienced enjoy their repair project & sport.
When I have a spec and can help someone I am more than pleased to share it along with my advise to quickly get them on their way.

Thank you for yours.
}"

All the 9.9 15's i've

All the 9.9 15's i've seen the cam is what makes them go i have no clue what your working on but i have a 15 that was a 9.9 and it cost me 21.00 to upgarde it.

Back