Logo

Yamaha F25 carb issues

jeffmoore

"I'm having some trouble w

"I'm having some trouble with a few of my motors that we use for our bumper boats, i will start by saying that i have talked with my distributor about the issue but no real answers have surfaced. The issue i am having is the crankcase is FULL of gas and oil. The only modifications that have been made are the mounts and it has a bigger gas tank that sits outside of the motor, a prop cage has been added and throttle control has been removed and relocated. I have changed the gas caps just in case they were not venting properly, and put new needle valves in, and still the same issues keep popping up with the same motors. The only thing i can think of that maybe causing these issues are 1. the amount of ethanol in the gas. 2. It has been extremely hot here for 2weeks around 100 with heat index of 110. 3. needle seat is worn out. Any help would be greatly appreciated so thanks in advance"

"well if the rings never seate

"well if the rings never seated right, then u might get gas in crank case
same thing with different props and bad t-stats
flowing water does not mean the t-stat is working"

"well i put my butane torch to

"well i put my butane torch to the bottom and it opened up in 5 sec. then for good measure i put it in boiling water and it did the same, what temp i have no idea, dont have a handy thermometer to check."

Back