Logo

Replaced gimbal housing

anden

"gimbal serial is oc886359
ou

"gimbal serial is oc886359
out drive serial is ob55(1,7 or 4)447 with a 184r stamped there also.
they will not mate up i get hung up about an inch away from being fully in. this is the second time i have done this i don't want to do again.

thanks
lee"

"You have to make sure your sh

"You have to make sure your shift linkage is slideing together. Make sure you have your shift handle in forward gear like you was running it wide open for it to line up and it should slide all the way in.

Make sure you have the shaft clean, and some lub on it... or anti size...

did you put a line up tool in there and make sure your engine is line up with the gimble bearing. This alignment must be right.

take your time make sure everything is going to slip in place.

hope this will help.

K."

Yes It is in drive linkage is

Yes It is in drive linkage is good. for alignment I have another shaft I am using it drops right into place. And it seems to seat itself also. Unless I am missing something. I changed the previous gimble for the same reason (aside from it being flat wrong TR or TRS). When I took it (tr/trs) off i tried to get out drive to mount up to it I was hung in the same place.

thanks
Lee

lee rademachir
Could it be yo

lee rademachir
Could it be you have too thick of O rings on the shaft that are getting hung up on the gimble bearing?
Bert

"Update:

Took big Lixie and

"Update:

Took big Lixie and beat it together. Works great thanks for all the suggestions.

BTW gimbal housing replacement is an easy job to do. spend the money and get a very nice used one or buy new if you have to. The odds and ends you have to buy the price and frustation will equal out in the end. You can have it all apart in about 3hr, and back together in oh 4-5.

if you need any advice on he subect feel free to email me [email protected]"

Back