Logo

Comander Control Question

airchairmen

My Comander control will move

My Comander control will move the throttle cable when pushed forward fairly easy but when I back of on the throttle it is a little stiffer and when it reaches a point it jumps all the way down to trolling speed. I have disconnected it at the engine and it still does it. It seems to be lose or somthing inside the controler. I have disassembled the face cover off the control arm and there is a hex nut that looks to be geared on the inside. How does this come off? Don't I need to get this off to remove screws to get the control out from where its mounted to access the back where the throttle cable connects at? Is it even adjustable inside the controler?
Thanks.
Rick

Remove the screw and pull it s

Remove the screw and pull it straight off. Scratch alignment reference marks on all the parts to each other and the base plate under the handle for easy assembly. There are 2 black plastic cable tension screws to adjust. There are 2 detent ball bearings in the assy. I don't suggest taking it apart w/o a manual. Spray some white grease on the cams and levers. WD-40 on the handle shaft and button.

Back