Logo

Boat lists to starboard

rescueken

"Hello,i have a 1985 26' S

"Hello,i have a 1985 26' SeaRay CC with a 260 merc i/o, the boat sits in the slip with about a 3 inch drop(list) on the starboard side. I took everything out of the boat so there is no extra weight. the batteries are in there factory compartments on either side of the engine. The bilge is bone dry! any ideas why this boat is not sitting even?? Thanks in advance, Ken"

"Well that depends on how long

"Well that depends on how long it has been that way. It could have been that way since day one. It may have something installed by a previous owner which threw off the balance. Has a genset or A/C system been added? It could have water captured in th stringer system or laminate. You may try shifting some weight to temporarily correct the list. A permanent fix is to have the boat weighted and compared to the new, listed weight as printed by SeaRay. Sea Ray does have a history of water intrusion into the hull lamination in some of their models, but I wouldn't fret until I could confirm that.

Some stringer drilling and a moisture meter may be in order.

Good luck,
Rick"

just bought the boat 3 weeks a

just bought the boat 3 weeks ago! I'll pull the floor and see if I could find anything! Thanks! Ken

"Ken, I would drill some test

"Ken, I would drill some test holes before I ripped out the floor, then I would use the boat for the remainder of the season and then plan a winter project.

It's a short, short boating season and a long, long winter."

"Rick, the nice thing is the f

"Rick, the nice thing is the floor(aft) is three panels that are screwed down so it's an easy check!"

Back