Logo

1987 Nissan 99hp

schooje

"I'm having a problem with

"I'm having a problem with my 1987 9.9hp Nissan (with 15hp kit). Everytime I head the lake the first hole shot with the boat is very rough. The motor goes through a sputtering phase no matter how long I let it warm up. It starts very easily off the trailer and between each stop on the the lake. Also, when the boat is fully loaded or I'm loading it onto the trailer it seems to have a power issue. The other night the motor would fall on it's face when I was trying to make it back to the ramp, it was raining, full of water, and had a lot of weight in it. I'm trying to figure out if it's a timing issue with the throttle, or if it could be an electronic issue....the cd igition system, pickup, or coil? I'm thinking it's probably not the coil since it will start on the first pull when the motor is warmed up. It seems like the issue is worse during the summer too. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks."

"The symptom you describe can

"The symptom you describe can be mechanical, electrical or fuel system related. You are going to have to pick one of those systems and start troubleshooting."

Back