Logo

Bellow Adhesive

kenr07

Well i got the drive back toge

Well i got the drive back together and i wasn't sure about the adhesive as far as what to put it on i put it on the Bellows that connects around the gimbal on both ends ( clamp end and grove end inside of housing) my question is did i over do it?? and will this harm anything i just didn't want the freaking thing to leak because it was kind of a pain to fix! Thanks in advance

As long as you put it on the i

As long as you put it on the inside of both ends of the bellows and didn't fill the bellows right up (just kidding) your good to go.

If i had a bigger tube of adhe

If i had a bigger tube of adhesive maybe ! Well good ... Tomorrow will be the lake test man i hope nothing leaks and i hope that damn gimbal bearing never seizes up again id rather have an ass whipping than to do that again ... thanks for the advice

be sure to store boat with dri

be sure to store boat with drive in full down position as this is conductive to longer bellows life.

Kurt

"Eric, mine didn't have a

"Eric, mine didn't have a snap ring, it's a 1991 Alpha One. Is the snap ring newer or older models?"

"the inset ring is only on the

"the inset ring is only on the newer(gen 2) alpha ones. And it sucks. However, a helpful neighbor who has done the job gave me the hint of running a coat of drive lube around the outside of the ring. 3 hard whacks later it seated"

Mine is a first generation and

Mine is a first generation and there is a snap ring that secures the gimbal bearing. It is the biggest and stiffest snap ring I have ever seen. Makes installing the bellows seem like ice cream Sunday.

Eric

Back