Logo

74L MPI Warm Hard Start

djdaigle

"I bought a 2000 Bayliner Cier

"I bought a 2000 Bayliner Ciera 2855 and I have been having starting problem since day one. When the engine is cold it starts no problem but if I run it warm, turn off the engine and let it sit for 10 minutes it will not start or it will start with a lot of cranking and I have to give it some trottle. I have replaced the fuel pump, installed a high flo coolant feul pump kit, IAC sensor, spark plugs and some wires and some injectors. My dealer just can't seem to find the problem even with the help of mercruiser themself. Can anyone help??"

need to check live data with s

need to check live data with scanner and look at
coolant temp sensor at time of concern and other perameters during condition. Really need live data. Any codes set?

Kurt

My dealer did put the computer

My dealer did put the computer on it and according to them they tried everything. They have been in contact with the top mercruiser tech in Canada and they are still scratching their heads. I was hoping that someone had the same problem and could give me something we didn't try. Thanks for your input just the same

"Does the engine have full fue

"Does the engine have full fuel pressure when this happens?

The 7.4 MPI has a heat sheild on the underside of the starboard side exhaust manifold, and a plastic heatshield/enclosure for the fuel/water seperator. These are frequently removed. Are yours still installed?"

Back