Logo

98 Yamaha P150 having fuel problem

skimp

"I,m having a weird problem. M

"I,m having a weird problem. My engine starts fine and runs good for a few miles.Gets out good and runs fine.Then it starts having problems.If i have to slow down and go through an idle zone for an extended time and try to get back up it may take off great and be fine or else it will either start running rough and hesitates when i try to get up or just bogs down and not get back out.When this happens I can hit the choke 1 time while accelerating and usually it comes out the water great and runs fine. Once the problem starts it keeps happening all day. Sometimes when running at higher rpms it feels like loosing power also.1 bump of the choke usually fixes all problems for a while.All these problems started the day after a buddy of mine adjusted my idle and adjusted the linkage going to my carbs about 6 weeks ago. I cleaned carbs back in JAN. Since prob. started i have installed new fuel pumps,new filler cap and new pump bulb on hose.Any help will be greatly app."

i would rebuild the carbs
if

i would rebuild the carbs
if u play with the choke and it works
means u r getting too much air!

I took boat out yesterday. Run

I took boat out yesterday. Run for about 30 min before t storm run us out. Seem to have fixed problem. Thanks for the help..

Hi I have a 1999 200hp yamaha

Hi I have a 1999 200hp yamaha v6 0x66 fuel injection salt water series It sat around for 3 years than had the old gas but throght it when started. the high pressure pump quite.While cleaning the fuel system I noticed I could pump the gas from a day tank right through to the the vaper tank like something had been un blocked but it back to gether and it starts runs 30 second at atime appx 10 times before stalling tryed pumping more fuel with the primmer bulb but fuel only makes to drain on the pressure tank now an engine won't start.tryed cleaning ever thing but fuel won't flow.

Back