Logo

Overheating problem

roederll

Regular Contributor
"My friend has a inboard 350 a

"My friend has a inboard 350 and it keeps overheating, well we found out that it was in fact the water pump so we replaced it and it worked fine after that. Got to the beach ran a little warm, so we figured the thermostat was sticking so we replaced it too and then it ran fine after that took it 9 miles off shore and it ran like a top. Went to the bay this past weekend and same problem occurred the temp meter read that it was getting too hot. Any suggestions"

"How was the old water pump im

"How was the old water pump impeller, were there any pieces missing. If so was the cooling system flushed, pieces of the impeller could be blocking the flow."

"From what i understood it was

"From what i understood it was destroyed Completely. When he had told me about what was happening, that's what i told him. Some sort of blockage somewhere. That will be the next thing to check in the cooling system."

Backflush as Jeff states and c

Backflush as Jeff states and check shutters as they get damaged during overheat condition.

Kurt

We traced all the lines back a

We traced all the lines back and cleared them out and still runs HOT! Boats= TOO MUCH WORK!!!

Back