Logo

165 runs good till warm then locks and starts back up

"The engine runs great till ev

"The engine runs great till everything warms up and then I hear a clunk and engine stops running but starts back up but hard to crank. I dont know if something is binding up or what. could it be a u-jount in the outdrive? It does this in all gear positions. forward, reverse, and nutral. I did put a new gimbal bearing and bellows in before this happend. could that have anything to do with it? I am at my wits end on this one. could you guys help?"

"Also I have replaced the spar

"Also I have replaced the spark plugs and coil. Could it be vapor lock? I do hear a slight gurgling sound when The engine stops. There is NO water in oil, There is NO water in the cylyders. The new plugs looked just a little black but not bad."

"It does this in all gear

"It does this in all gear positions."

I hope it doesn't "START" in gear. The carb mixture and/or choke is too rich. The "clunk" isn't the same noise when shifting into gear?

kida sorta as shifting into ge

kida sorta as shifting into gear. no it dont start in gear. It will run for a while and then go out. It is very odd to me. Mabey if I put the old carb back on after it gets rebuilt I will be ok. It didnt do this on the old carb.

Back