Logo

Where is the oil filter

botaman

Regular Contributor
"I've been looking for the

"I've been looking for the oil filter in my 4.3 V6. All I can see is a canister that has two hoses one goes in and the other goes out, the one that goes out looks like it's going toward the controller. Is this my oil filter? And what that hose is doing going toward the controller? I don't get it. I tried to attach picture but the size is too large."

If it's located on the fro

If it's located on the front of the port manifold/riser I'd say that is the filter. Unscrew it w/a plastic jug that is cut open enough to let the filter fall into it w/o removing the handle so the oil won't spill.

Fill the new filter w/fresh oi

Fill the new filter w/fresh oil and rub some oil on the gasket before installing it. Once the gasket makes contact w/the bracket then turn the filter by hand 3/4 of a turn.

"Ayuh,....

And if you happe

"Ayuh,....

And if you happen to be looking at the forward Starboard corner,...
That's the Fuel Filter,...
The hose going forward, goes to the Fuel Tank....

If you don't have the remote filter mounted at the top, forward Portside corner,....
The oil filter is Block mounted, at the lower Aft, Portside corner of the motor...."

"Thanks folks,

Bondo, I th

"Thanks folks,

Bondo, I think you nailed it right on the head. I'm going to take some pics and revisit for clarification."

"Attached are two pics that I

"Attached are two pics that I took which look like oil filter. Can you guys verify which is the oil filter for me? Thank you.
215469.jpg
oil filter?"">
215470.jpg
filter2

"Neither 1 of them is your oil

"Neither 1 of them is your oil filter. The 1st one is your power trim motor which takes motor oil by the looks of it, it may need topped off 10w30 oil. The 2nd one is your water fuel seperator. Keep looking your almost there. Looking at front of motor right side in back is where it should be."

"Oh my gosh! I can't even

"Oh my gosh! I can't even find the oil filter, I'm pathetic.

Thanks Steve, I know wher to look for it now. In the back and port side on the engine."

"Yes, try there thats where th

"Yes, try there thats where they usally are. They are tuff to see. Its probley a black filter and theres not a whole lotta light. You might want to download a service book from bondo's last thread. there's a whole lotta stuff u need to know. Very helpfull. Good luck"

Back