Logo

Wiring harness electrolysis

hammertime

I had twin hpdi yamaha 150 abo

I had twin hpdi yamaha 150 about three years ago and am having a electric problem. The wiring from battery switch to the motors seem to be coroding or failing cracking noise when you bend just feels brittle through the insulation. Any ideas as to this problem or fix. Had motors professionaly installed just wonder if they missed something I might be able to find. Noticed problem recently when motor acted like battery was week and then would sporadically start right up found some corrosion and thought that would fix but next morning same problem arose. boats is a open transom and wiring sits in spillway that always has a couple inchs of water. any help would be appreciated want fixed before tuna season 60 miles in the ocean is to far to have this problem.

Start at the battery(ies&#

Start at the battery(ies)and clean every ground wire you can fine. Make sure that you clean all paint from each mating surface and that you cover each contact point with dielectric grease.

yami cables suc!
i have repla

yami cables suc!
i have replaced mine after 4 years
made custom ones

where r u located??

I am located in maryland but f

I am located in maryland but fish offshore in virginia how about you. What problem did you have and how did you make your own? Thanks for the responses.
Scott

i used anchor marine tinned wi

i used anchor marine tinned wire
used anchor lug ends
used 5200 after the crimps
then i heat shrink-ed them afterward
NO SOLDER!!!

Back