Logo

Yellow Oil Light stuck on 150 HPDI

timebandit

Advanced Contributor
"I ran the oil all the way out

"I ran the oil all the way out and the red light came on, but the yellow is still stuck an on the digital gauge. The tanks are full now. And reset procedure?"

Lights are controlled by a mag

Lights are controlled by a magnetic relay in the sensor. Make sure that the float is returning back to the top of the sensor. If it’s stuck try using some brake cleaner and steel wool to clean it off.

The main or sub tank? The main

The main or sub tank? The main one appears to be working. I do not understand why both tach's do it. I have twins.

yellow means oil transfering f

yellow means oil transfering from remote to motor

is it yellow and red
yellow blinking and red???

Yellow blinking and red. No al

Yellow blinking and red. No alarm. That went off after the refill. The system is transfering the oil correctly. Just the gauges are stuck on low oil.

Thanks for the E mail. It expl

Thanks for the E mail. It explains a lot. It says that the sticks need to be in neutral to reset the system. Now is there any way that that could screw up? These are HPDI 150's.

"i know, on the Grady with the

"i know, on the Grady with the wet transom?

you just a merc tech?

sorry for the questions, u know your merc sheet very good, specially the older stuff out there!!

as for the remotes, i have seen bad NSS in them"

"Yeah, that is me. I was venti

"Yeah, that is me. I was venting on that one. I do not post there much anymore. That is what I get for buying used junk. I will look into the NSS's."

ya i noticed that

well soun

ya i noticed that

well sounds like the people that rigged the boat never sealed it right

i pull my motor off every 5 years to check that

i got blistering on my bracket

"No luck any where. No bad sen

"No luck any where. No bad sensors, system is working normal. No NSS trouble. Factory does not know either."

"well if you got twins, swap g

"well if you got twins, swap gauges, but u already did that

u got my troubleshooting guide right"

Back