Logo

b02 yamaha 150 V6 oil injector issue

tyjo

"It won't take oil from th

"It won't take oil from the large holding tank to the small on motor reservoir. The alarm and safety shut down works that's for sure..
lol.gif

The emergency switch does not work either. You can hear the pump working when hitting the emergency switch but nothing happens beyond that. Clogged line or filter perhaps? How do I test it? Do I just starting cutting lines and see if I can find a spot where it will come out at?"

UPDATE... I am very agitated o

UPDATE... I am very agitated over this so i went down to the boat first thing to play with it some more.. I cut the line at the holding tank and hit the emergency switch... oil did come out.. so I cut the line up at the last nipple before the engine reservoir and oil came out... BUT... VERY slow in both locations. The oil literally dribbles out like a needle amount. If I we're to try and fill the reservoir with the emergency switch it would take probably 8 hours to fill it. Is this dribble normal? What should the flow from this thing look like? Any ideas on what could be wrong?

"fixed. I am like a kind in a

"fixed. I am like a kind in a candy store with a credit card. Blew the inline filter clean and it was fine. Interestingly though when i connected everything back up, no oil came through. I have to suck the oil up through the tank hose to get it started. I am guessing that oil pump needed to be primed... here's an idea... they should put a primer on it.

Anyone know how to clean the oil tank for storage? What chemical do I use on it?"

Back